Adding Attendees & New Students
Adding Guests to Your Event
Guests can self-register for events, and we will look at that in the next unit. However, as we saw in the previous unit, you can also add attendees to your event. Where you access the event’s attendance will depend on whether you are the primary moderator or an added facilitator, but regardless all moderators and added facilitators can access the attendance via the Appointment Details on the calendar, so we will begin there for step 1.
Adding ConexED Users or Students as Guests
- Click the event on the calendar to open the Appointment Details and then click the Edit Attendance button as shown in Figure 1.
Click Edit Attendance
- Begin typing the attendees’ names to select them from the results as shown in Figure 2. You can add multiple attendees at once. In this situation, all attendees must already have ConexED accounts.
Select Guest From Results
- The added guest will now appear on the Meeting Attendees list as illustrated in Figure 3.
Adding New Users or New Students as Guests
To add a guest who does not have a ConexED account, you must first create an account for them.
- Click Add New Student Account as shown in Figure 4.
Add New Student Account Button
- Complete the form as illustrated in Figure 5. Anna Cee is the new user. The red dots show the required fields: Full Name and Email Address. Click the green Add button.
Add Student (or New User) Form
- You’ve now created the new account and can follow the steps for adding them as a guest to the meeting. Click Add Attendees as shown in Figure 6.
Add Attendees Button
- In the search window, type the new user’s name and select it from the results. As shown in Figure 7, the newly added student, Anna Cee, has appeared in the results.
Select New User From Results
- The user with the new account now appears on the Meeting Attendees list as shown in Figure 8.
New User Added to Attendance List
All added attendees will receive an email notification that they’ve been invited to the event as Figure 9 illustrates.
Email Notification for Event Invitation